Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Updated: 03 Mar 2021
Offered by:Commercetools GmbH
IT & Technology
By giving our customers and partners the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true Cloud and Headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Today, Fortune Global 500 companies across industries rely on commercetools and the commercetools platform. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, and Switzerland), the US (Durham, NC), and Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia). In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward. We are firm believers in our core values: Purpose, Trust, and Lifelong Learning. More than ever we need passionate talents who believe in these values and in a better future of e-commerce. Awaiting you is an employer that cares and an accomplished international team full of like-minded and friendly individuals operating from across the globe. In order to promote data-driven decision-making company-wide, commercetools is in need of your help if you are an experienced data engineer who has a thing for building things from scratch! Being one of the first members of our newly-established Data Analytics team, you and your teammates will be a catalyst for change in how our organization stores, processes and utilizes data. The ultimate goal is to create a platform to give our business units a more thorough insight into our customers’ behaviors. Ideally this would not be the first time that you face this challenge before and you cannot wait to be challenged again!
About your new role:
- Help us to build an in-house data warehouse from scratch that will enable data analysis and data-driven decisions for the whole organization
- Build and manage ETL workflows to integrate data from many sources into a single source
- Design a framework to ensure data is accessible, up-to-date, secure, consistent and complete
- Work across teams to define organizational needs and ensure business requirements are met
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2 years of working experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Kledge of data modeling and schema design especially for distributed, column-oriented databases (e.g. ogle BigQuery or BigTable)
- Experience with writing production code in Scala, Python or Java
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining scalable ETL pipelines
- Experience with Kafka
- Bonus: Familiarity with the ogle Cloud Platform and/or BI tools (e.g. Looker, DataStudio, Tableau)
- Fluent English for work in international teams
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the kledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.