Assistant store manager in training-south brunswick, nj
Updated: 14 Jul 2019
Offered by:Home Depot
South Brunswick, NJ
POSITION PURPOSEAssistant Store Managers in Training are learning the various responsibilities and functions of the following roles: Assistant Store Manager, Operations Assistant Store Manager, Night Operations Assistant Store Manager, and Specialty Assistant Store Manager. At a high level, ASM s in Training will learn how to support the Store Manager in developing strategies and objectives toward driving store sales and profitability. They will learn how to accomplish these objectives through effective leadership of and communication to their Associates.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- General Customer Service Initiatives to include supervising Associates in the selling effort, ensuring the store s in-stock position, and maintaining an appealing and organized store
- appearance. ASM s in Training will learn the following tactics to support this key accountability: staffing and scheduling, identifying and resolving stock deficiencies, supervisor associates in selling behaviors, resolving customer issues and concerns, and supporting service needs for both installed sales/special orders and product sales.
- Supervising Store Associates to include interviewing, hiring, motivating, coaching, training,developing, and communicating to associates. ASM s in Training will also learn the performance management process, to include semi-annual review of associate performance and how to execute the associate disciplinary process when necessary.
- Operations Management to include supervision of front end processes involving sales and return transactions, as well as special services and lot support. ASM s in Training will also learn
- how to oversee the end processes, including receiving and freight teams to ensure that merchandise is received and stocked appropriately. They will also learn how to maintain and
- operate all store equipment and systems as well as how to manage daily financial operations. ASM s in Training should develop a command of store standard operating procedures (SOP s),
- especially those involving Safety compliance.
- Business Analysis and Merchandise Planning Initiatives to include driving department profitability through analysis of sales trends. ASM s in Training will learn how to work with key partners (Store Managers, Field Merchandising, MET Teams) to plan merchandise placement and signing. They will also learn how to support stock integrity through inventory management processes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- ASM s in Training will report to a Store Manager. Once complete with their training process, they will gradually assume accountability supervision of work activities of associates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTSEnvironment:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.