Indirect Tax Manager - Accounting / VAT / Finance / Business Transactions (m/f/d)
Updated: 23 Apr 2022
Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are one of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2021 our revenue grew from €405 to €645 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But we are not for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then this is the right place for you.
What you will do:
- As part of our global tax team, you are responsible for Indirect tax compliance within 20+ countries across Europe
- You prepare advance and annual VAT returns as well as any additional filings required within Europe
- You always keep track of the current status of the VAT returns in order to meet filing and payment deadlines
- You provide support in the tax technical evaluation of business transactions with regard to Indirect Taxes (mainly VAT but not limited to)
- You help ensuring that our IT-infrastructure is able to bring tax-related business transactions in line with respective tax law (e.g. by reviewing our VAT Matrix)
- You engage actively in the optimization and/or creation of processes with regards to Indirect Taxes
- By collaborating closely with teams across the entire company, you contribute to actively managing tax risks and driving potential for tax optimization among our stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- You have successfully completed a commercial apprenticeship (accountant, tax clerk, tax specialist) or a university degree with a focus on tax law/taxation (ideally international tax law/international taxation)
- You have relevant professional experience in VAT
- You have experience with common accounting software (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central)
- You enjoy questioning the status-quo, have the drive to push boundaries and are not afraid to speak up, you review and develop things further, and want to be part of a fast-paced environment with new challenges everywhere
- You are characterized by an independent, careful and structured way of working; you also maintain an overview in work-intensive situations
- You are a true team player and achieve the greatest successes as part of a team
- You are fluent in English (German is a Plus)
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one — you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to k your team members at exciting company events.
Our job offer Indirect Tax Manager - Accounting / VAT / Finance / Business Transactions (m/f/d)
sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
Flexible hours per week
We revolutionize sleep by pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for rest. Our aim is to awaken´s people best by enhancing their sleep.
2020 has been our most successful year yet. We became the #1 bed-in-a-box brand globally and turned into one of Europe´s leading sleep brands, with our revenues increasing to 405 million euros. Our 800 team members are proud to represent over 65 nationalities at our offices in Frankfurt am Main, Manila, Lisbon, Shanghai, and Mexico City.
We’re looking for high-performing talents to join us on our journey to becoming the world’s #1 sleep company. If you thrive in a dynamic atmosphere, rise to challenges, and like to see your fresh ideas realized quickly, our Team is the right fit for you.
Our work culture is built on strong values that promote community, agility, and ownership. Growth and excellence in all areas are important to us, which is why we offer exciting opportunities to our employees so they can unlock their full potential.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age