Labor Relations Leader (m/f/d), Germany – GE Corporate HR
Updated: 17 Sep 2020
Management / Consulting
Role Summary:Drive Labor Relations strategy for Germany in partnership with Business HRMs who own labor relation for their respective Businesses. Lead deployment of company wide initiatives in the country. Advise management on labor issues in country and risk management. Provide Labor Relation advise to GE Data Privacy Council for introducing IT tools.
- Manage directly the relationship with Group Works Council of GE shared legal entity and trade unions.
- As part of the management board (Arbeitsdirektor) report to the supervisory board on Labor Relation issues.
- Project manage deployment of company-wide initiative, including requirement for new IT tools and processes under co-determination requirements.
- Develop strong partnership with country HR leaders and operations management leaders to support management of employees’ representatives in an effective manner avoiding disruptions to the business and minimizing any limits to management flexibility.
- Work closely with operations to ensure that Labor Relations practices are consistent across the country with operational strategies and conducive to success. Organizes kledge sharing to convey information about new approaches and best practices.
- Support key business negotiation preparation and act as a non-participant advisor to critical local collective negotiations as required.
- Provide Labor Relations expert support to deploy help anticipate and address complex situations and createsolutions.
- Guide Labor Relations issues in potential acquisition and divestiture decisions.
- Support and deliver training as appropriate.
- Very strong experience in Labor Relations in Germany, ideally in manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent kledge/experience in labor law or industrial relations. Demonstrated positive communication and influencer skills and business acumen to effectively interact with business leaders.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Can balance challenging and complex business priorities with strong employee advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.