Updated: 29 Oct 2020
Supply Chain / Logistics
ROLE DESCRIPTIONThe Warehouse Manager is responsible for facilities, repairs and maintenance in one or more warehouses and in some cases charging hubs. The role combines team and culture management with diligent process follow ups driving executional excellence and results.
ABOUT THE TEAMThe Warehouse Manager is part of the local Warehouse Management team that is responsible for running one or more warehouses, repairs and maintenance of the fleet in Frankfurt. The WHM (Warehouse Manager) reports into the Senior WHM. They have a team of Vehicle Mechanics reporting into them.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and structure the workflow in the warehouse in accordance to best practice, in terms of work stations and responsibilities of the Vehicle Mechanics.
- Ensure that the warehouse has all necessary tools and spare parts for repairs.
- Lead and motivate the team towards keeping productivity and quality high and feel a sense of purpose to keep them engaged.
- Ensure we live up to local compliance requirements in the warehouses as well as Voi safety standards.
- Make sure reporting is done correctly and teams use the Repair Management System throughout their work.
- Take over responsibility for the whole fleet.
- Analyse simple data sets to understand how to drive continuous process improvement.
- Be ready to get hands on and execute repairs alongside the Vehicle Mechanic team, ensuring that KPIs are reached in time and backlog is not built.
- Handle incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition in screening and interviewing for new team members, whilst being responsible for their onboarding and training in the warehouse.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-5+ years of proven work experience from warehouse management, logistics, operations or similar
- Fluency in German and English is highly preferred and in some cases required.
- Experience in leading a team with proven results as well as workforce planning
- Proficiency in G-suite and comfortable working with data to drive decision making and performance
- Mechanical interest with experience of working with basic mechanical tools
- Flexibility to travel to warehouses if managing more than one
WHO YOU ARE
- Has expertise within blue collar workforce and warehouse management and contributes to business and process improvement
- od communication skills, both in writing and speaking
- Resolves problems independently and has the ability to handle difficult or unexpected situations in the daily work in a pragmatic way
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage several tasks and projects at once where you always drive the progress of the work forward
- Experienced leader, comfortable in a management role managing large teams of mechanics and contractors when necessary
- You are excited about coaching and building a culture of continuous learning & development
- Adaptable to changing circumstances in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you need to be able to work independently and execute on tasks quickly
- Make decisions based on data, and always drive for operational excellence
THIS POSITION OFFERS
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- Great possibilities to have impact on work that make a difference!
- RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE