Webinar: Buying a property as an expat in Germany
2022 has been a volatile year, with factors like inflation, supply shortages and shifts in market demand all impacting the property and interest rate environment and making real estate investment plans all the more uncertain. Both first-time buyers and property investors are faced with a high amount of uncertainty regarding their real estate plans.
If you are a foreigner looking to buy property in Germany but want to understand more about market developments and how the property buying and mortgage process works, then the upcoming webinar, Buy a Property in Germany as an Expat, is for you! The aim is to help you develop a better idea of what you should expect in 2023 to avoid costly mistakes.
Learn about buying a property in Germany and how to avoid costly mistakes
Here’s what you need to know about the webinar:
- When: Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at 7pm
- Where: Online
- Ideal for: Expats and non-expats who want to learn more about buying property in Germany
- Language: English
- Cost: Free (register now!)
If you’ve got questions about the home-buying process in Germany, this is your chance to put them to an expert and get helpful, actionable advice in English. After the webinar you will understand the most important steps in buying real estate in Germany.
During the webinar, you will earn about the property buying and mortgaging process and how it is structured in Germany: what you need to become eligible for a mortgage, what restrictions apply to property financing, and what potential pitfalls can arise in the process.
You will cover the following topics:
- Market outlook: How macroeconomic changes are affecting mortgage interest rates and their consequences for property markets and participants.
- Your budget: How you and your personal creditworthiness affect your property financing options. You will learn how a property budget is calculated by a bank and how you can determine what you can afford.
- Property values: The value of the property is equally important. You will consider the factors and restrictions that influence property valuations.
- Searching for property: Searching for property in Germany is by no means easy, and requires you to be active in your search. During the webinar you will be given recommendations on employing a prepared and professional approach in competitive property markets.
- Financing options: Finally, you will be taken through the specifics of obtaining a mortgage. You will see an example mortgage calculation and consider what effects different options like longer or shorter fixed interest rate time frames have on your monthly payments.
The event is free but registration is required so sign up now to secure your place and submit your questions ahead of time.
Let Daniela know what questions you want answered
When you register in advance, make sure to submit your questions to Daniela, so that you can make full use of the hour and get them answered during the live session. All questions will be submitted anonymously, and you can ask as many as you like.
If you submit your form and then later think of something else you wanted to ask, don’t panic! You can always return to the form and enter further additional questions in the relevant fields.
About your host
Daniela is a mortgage and property consultant from finbird.digital, a company that helps expats with their property journey in Germany.
finbird acts on your behalf throughout the property purchasing process and provides a tailored financing concept to fit your individual needs. You will benefit from longstanding experience, a wide professional real estate network and professional advice in English.