Have you been dismissed? Get instant, easy, online help from CONNY
Losing your job is a difficult situation, especially if you aren’t familiar with local labour laws in Germany.
Unfortunately, the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the economy have led to a rising number of dismissals within Germany. That’s why legal tech startup CONNY has developed a product which not only helps you in the case of a dismissal, but also supports you at an earlier stage.
Here’s how it works.
What you need to know about your rights
German labour law is both a blessing and a curse. While it is employee-friendly from a rights perspective, it is also quite complex and follows strict timelines, making it more difficult to navigate, especially if you’re not a German native speaker.
Here are the most important facts you should be aware of:
- After being dismissed you have three weeks to take legal action against the dismissal.
- While the official goal of your claim is reinstatement (i.e. getting your job back), both parties usually settle for severance pay.
- The severance amount depends on your gross salary and your tenure. As a rule of thumb, you can multiply your gross salary by the number of years you have been employed by the company. Use the calculator below to get an idea of what you could be entitled to.
How CONNY helps you if you have been dismissed
Since losing your job is hard enough, CONNY tries to make the process of seeking compensation as smooth and easy as possible.
- You start by answering a few questions in an online form. It shouldn’t take more than three minutes.
- CONNY will perform a quick check to determine whether you are entitled to take legal action against your dismissal.
- If there are legal grounds (there are in most cases), CONNY will take over the case and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
- CONNY only charges a commission if they win the case for you, meaning you do not have to bear any financial risk.
Early protection with CONNYcare for employees
CONNY not only provides post-dismissal protection and advice, but also legal advice for the duration of your employment, with CONNYcare.
German labour law is very complex - especially for expats. To guide you through the highs and lows - and enable you to react quickly and appropriately in the event of a workplace dispute - CONNY developed CONNYcare for employees.
With CONNYcare you are not only assigned a personal specialist to advise you on labour law matters, but also a free consultation with a lawyer in the case of a dismissal and a 25 percent discount on all CONNY labour law services.