Updated: 09 Apr 2021
Our international client, an innovator and at the cutting edge of fuel cell technology, have revolutionized the material handling industry with its full-service solution.
Due to continued expansion across Europe and the set up of their new European Head Quarters, they are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their team.
Preferably, you will have a background in International shipping and transportation of Gas/Battery or dangerous goods and a strong understanding of import, export, and other shipping regulatory requirements. A proven track record of working in a thriving fast-paced environment, while delivering quality work on tight deadlines, is also highly valued.
A good level of both German and English is also required.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the planning, organization, and execution of inbound and outbound shipments. You should have the ability to develop and improve the logistics processes & procedures and be able to manage the day-to-day operations of logistics staff, ensuring compliance with shipping regulations. You provide proactive support of internal & external customer shipping needs. You can build cross functional partnerships and have excellent customer service skills.
- Strong logistics systems to provide tracking visibility, and compliance of inbound/outbound international shipments of:
- Manage Dangerous goods shipments based on global regulations
- Production materials to manufacturing operations
- Spare parts to field service
- Finished goods & equipment to customer sites
- Import/Export compliance (Atlas/IT and IAA-Plus)
- Drive continuous improvement, measured by KPI’s for:
- On-time Delivery
- Freight Cost Reduction
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for reviewing/creating customs documents, Bill of Lading, quoting, award of LTL and truckload shipments.
- Provide global import/export expertise for all areas of the company’s operations (including ocean container FCL, LCL, air, and small parcel shipments).
- Work closely with 3rd party logistics, freight forwarders, customs brokers, trucking companies and others to meet company objectives.
- Manage the performance of international/domestic carriers and logistics intermediaries.
- Assist with the development, implementation and keeping current standard operating procedures and work instructions to support functional area of responsibility as needed.
- Assure compliance to laws and regulations as well as coordinate the proper certifications and trainings for the various logistics personnel.
- Drive cost savings activities and projects that will reduce the overall cost of logistics while meeting critical customer delivery expectations.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure delivery commitment dates.
- Drive process improvement involving material delivery inbound and outbound.
- Manage shipping logistics including arrangements for both in-bound and outbound material.
- Evaluate relationships with external vendors such as freight carriers; work to reduce cost and improve vendor performance; optimize the utilization of vendor services.
- Respond to internal & external customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner in all interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or relevant field of study; will consider experience in lieu of degree requirement.
- 7+ years relevant work history within a warehouse/logistics function; preferably as part of a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with TMS/ERP/MRP systems is a must; Avante experience preferred.
- Experience and Kledge of Ocean Freight and Import/Export processes.
- Full understanding of 2020 Incoterms required.
- Strong leadership skills including daily communications with the team and with internal customers.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Role model for high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Results-oriented and driven work style
- German and English language min B2 level
The position provides a competitive package with the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced environment!
Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with motivation letter along with salary expectations to Karen Barton, Senior Client Executive, at Madison Parker International – email@example.com