Associate, Operations Analyst, Fixed Income - iBoxx Index Production
Updated: 29 Oct 2020
Finance / Accounting
About UsIHS Markit is a global index provider, with coverage that includes equities, fixed income and economics. We also provide index related services to enable customers to meet custom or bespoke index requirements. We leverage more than 15 years of experience in designing, administering and calculating innovative indices across OTC and exchange-listed asset classes to construct and deliver high quality indices.iBoxx Indices, the Fixed Income index product offered by IHS Markit, covers the European, Sterling, Asian, and US Dollar investment-grade and high-yield bond markets. In addition, iBoxx by IHS Markit provides global indices, including an inflation-linked index family and emerging markets indices.IHS Markit and our experienced partners are responsible for the marketing, administration, price consolidation and index production in accordance with publicly available rules and standards. Index values along with a range of associated analytical information are published every day after being subject to a rigorous series of quality controls.
Your roleYou will work within the index team to manage the content and delivery of a range of proprietary and bespoke indices primarily in the fixed income space. Quality assurance of our indices is a critical element of the responsibilities for this position.As part of the daily processes there is a focus on the following:
- Calculation, validation and the delivery of the index products.
- Corporate action research and application to the iBoxx indices.
- A forward-looking view of broad market developments with the ability to understand the potential impact our indices.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal stakeholders in Frankfurt, London, Delhi, Singapore, Dallas and New York.
- Data and content management; including corporate action analysis, periodic index review, validation of all data content required for index calculations, and participation in the monthly rebalancing process.
- Product delivery management including execution and validation of daily index calculations, managing of delivery schedules, quality assurance of calculations and adjustments, and complying with both internal and external service agreements.
- Customer service including clear communication to internal and external clients and delivery of new index solutions and projects within agreed service levels.
- Quality Assurance including reviewing and challenging the existing processes to insure continuous improvement in the delivery of index data both in terms of accuracy and timeliness, and developing and/or supporting the introduction of new measures to ensure quality throughout the end-to-end process of delivering indices to our clients.
About youKey qualifications and skills:
- Experience within the finance industry, preferably related to fixed income.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and other standard office software are required. Kledge of Python, VBA and SQL is advantageous.
- Analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of financial instruments and corporate actions.
- Previous experience in dealing with external and internal clients is beneficial.
- Attention to detail, but able to recognize possible changes to the process to increase efficiencies.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being a team player.
Flexible WorkingWe pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Your colleaguesAbout us We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, king you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.