Relocate now: Skills shortage and available work opportunities in Germany
The demographic crisis in Germany is the result of a rapidly ageing population with declining birth rates, resulting in an economic state where there are many open jobs to fill but a scarcity of skilled workers. AGS Relocation explains why skilled labourers should take advantage of this opportunity and move to Germany now.
The aforementioned issue has significant implications for the German economy, which is known as one of Europe's biggest economies and world-renowned for its manufacturing and engineering industries.
Due to numerous jobs available across the country, now is the perfect time to relocate to Germany. According to Jobmarketinsights.com, manufacturing and production, IT and engineering are among the most affected industries, as they need skilled workers to keep the ever-growing German economy going.
Top sectors and cities with work opportunities in Germany
There are many possibilities for employment, but they frequently include a list of requirements, as well as a language barrier that often puts you at a disadvantage as an expat. If you have the proper skillset required by Germany and want to relocate there, learning the local language would be very beneficial for you.
The following sectors are in need of skilled labourers in Germany, and this may be your chance to get started:
- Manufacturing and Production
- IT - Telecommunications
- Logistics - Transport
- Medicine and Health
The top cities with job possibilities include Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, and Leipzig. Of course, there are other places to consider, but these are more popular.
High in-demand positions in Germany
Workers and skilled labourers are in particularly high demand for the following jobs in Germany:
- Produktionsmitarbeiter (Production employees)
- IT-Berater, -Spezialisten und –Analysten (IT Consultants, Specialists and Analysts)
- Maschinenbau-, Elektro- und Bauingenieure (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineers)
- Staplerfahrer (Forklift drivers)
- Produktionshelfer (Production helpers)
- Lagerhelfer (Warehouse helpers)
- Fachkraft fuer Lagerlogistik (Warehouse logistics specialist)
- Kaufmann - Einzelhandel (Retail salesman)
- Verkaeufer (Salesman)
- Industriemechaniker (Industrial mechanic)
- Krankenschwestern und Altenpfleger (Nurses and Senior Care Workers)
- Finanzanalyst (Financial Analyst)
Recruiting agencies and direct employers with available opportunities
According to a study conducted in June 2022, the following recruiting agencies and German companies produced more than 2.000 job opportunities in Germany.
The following agencies are just a few examples of recruiting agencies looking for employees in Germany:
- Arwa Personaldienstleistugen (Arwa Personnel Services)
- Randstad Deutschland (Randstad Germany)
- DIS AG
- Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- Campusjäger (Campushunter)
- Ferchau, Amadeus Fire
- Adecco Personaldienstleistugen (Adecco Personnel Services)
- TEMPTON Group
Here are a few examples of direct employers in Germany:
- Deutsche Bahn (German Railways)
- Amazon EU S.à r.l
- IU Internationale
- Hochschule (IU International University)
- Netto Marken-Discount – NeS
- Lidl Deutschland (Lidl Germany)
- McDonald's Deutschland Inc. (McDonald's Germany Inc.)
- Adesso SE
- ALDI Einkauf OHG (ALDI Purchasing OHG)
- Miele & Cie. KG
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
Online job hunting sites
Looking for a job in Germany? Check out these job sites online:
Requirements for skilled workers to relocate
Once you've managed to find the appropriate opportunity that suits your personal expectations and skillset, it will be beneficial to know some of the most basic requirements when relocating to Germany.
Firstly, you must obtain an employment contract from a legal German Employer. Furthermore, you must have completed a German-equivalent training programme in the skill required for at least two years before applying.
Due to the severe scarcity, IT professionals benefit from special policies. If an IT professional has worked for at least five years and has at least five years of on-the-job experience, they can immigrate to Germany without any formal qualifications.
Jobseekers without a job offer in Germany may be eligible to apply given that they have professional training and expertise. You get a maximum of six months to look for work in Germany. Your qualifications will need to be assessed by the relevant German authority, and then they may consider the aforementioned.
An underrated, yet very important aspect of living and working for employers in Germany, is being equipped with the language. Demonstrate that you at least have a good command of the German language and that you're able to follow instructions in the language (level B1).
AGS Relocation can assist companies with the necessary procedures in relocating their employees. They also provide assignees with support and advice on living and working in Germany. AGS Relocation has a workforce of experts in the relocation industry and can assist with immigration paperwork, visa application, home and school search and destination services to help assignees settle in comfortably.
Leave a comment