Updated: 26 Nov 2021
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer to help us grow a new and exciting story-driven match 3 game. You will play a pivotal role on a growing team of incredibly talented game designers, engineers, writers, artists, data scientists, producers, and more!
About the role
- Creating, balancing and rebalancing levels for a narrative match 3 puzzle game
- Testing your levels, and iterating on them based on feedback
- Providing feedback for other level designers
- Analyzing data and metrics and adjusting your levels accordingly
- Working with a talented design team to come up with new game elements and modifiers
- Remaining up-to-date on the casual puzzle game market and competitive titles
- Collaborating closely with product managers, developers, artists, and writers
- You have a passion for casual mobile puzzle games
- You have played hundreds of casual match 3 game levels across a variety of top grossing games
- You can deconstruct and analyze mechanics in free-to-play mobile games
- You have analytical capabilities and a sense of game pacing and balancing
- You have the ability to effectively manage your time and work efficiently
- You are constantly trying to improve your skills and are eager to receive constructive criticism
- You love to collaborate with other disciplines to release amazing level designs to our player
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you k that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!