Principal Design Lead (m/f/d) - SAP Business Process Intelligence
Updated: 28 Nov 2021
The Principal Design Lead is a critical part of our scaling efforts within Signavio by SAP. The role represents localized implementations of design strategies and plan their introduction within the product group.
Your deep domain kledge allows you to work closely with our Head of Design, VPs and Principle POs, representing the voice of the user and platform continuity equally with leadership and with individual design contributors. You actively leverage your experience and leadership skills within design organizations by working with design leads and/or individual contributors to create better communication and collaboration within the group. As part of your strategic overview, you actively measure output quality, usability and monitor research inputs for indications of areas for improvement or opportunities for innovation both within the group and cross-domain.
- Provide functional leadership to ensure quality, design system compliance and help negotiate done for embedded designers within the engineering product group.
- Lead strategic design initiatives within a product group with guidance from the Head of Design with focus on domain-wide fit and alignment.
- Closely collaborate with product and engineering leadership.
- Initiate, drive and create buy-in for standardization for group design practice, in partnership with the Head of Design.
- Insure design initiatives within the group are prioritized correctly within engineering backlogs.
- Manage the evaluation of conditions and situations presented by the software, competitive reviews and stakeholders to determine recommended paths toward possible solutions and in the case of existing software, evaluate usability and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with UX researchers to facilitate larger-scale strategic research projects
- Awareness of how group apps and features influence and/or integrate in cross-domain projects and user experiences.
- Ensure high quality standards and alignment with our design system and UX principles.
- Regularly sync design and contribution-level efforts with stakeholders and Head of Design for transparency and alignment with big-picture initiatives.
- Previous experience (6+ years) within agile software development teams and proven goal-oriented mindset.
- Familiarity with popular software tools for user experience / design: Figma, Material Design standards, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Abstract.
- Experience working with design systems, components and helping develop the system over time.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and coaching designers and stakeholders.
- Ability to write and guide initiative / epic and user stories processes with a good understanding of iterative & incremental value-driven approach.
- Thorough kledge of UX methodologies & artefacts (wireframes, personas, flows).
- In-depth analytical skills, structured and data-driven working approach and good interpersonal skills.
- Best in class design skills and the ability to take a project from concept to production.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including an ability to manage and negotiate expectations for timelines and scope.
- A proactive self-starting attitude, comfortable with aligning with all types of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage up and down in the organization, make decisions and work transparently.
- Background in B2B / Enterprise tool design and/or Enterprise UX research.
- Experience with or kledge of when and where to use different UX research and validation approaches to ensure decisions are validated before engineering hand-off.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging.
The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – kledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year.
Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
- Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
- How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us k.