Senior Director (f/m/d) Income Tracking Cont. Europe
Updated: 25 Nov 2021
We are looking for a Senior Director Income Tracking(f/m/d) to lead income tracking activities for Continental European affiliate territories, to ensure complete royalty collections across all usage types from radio/TV and mechanical to streaming, for publishing as well as for recorded music rights. You are music industry expert, fast-paced adaptor with high sense of ownership and a strong communicator, keen to be part of the world's fastest-growing music company, BMG.
- Ensure correct and complete distributions by PROs and CMOs in Cont. Europe, identifying gaps in royalty statements or usage reports and providing claims of missing or underreported usages, using monitor data from various suppliers
- Support internal departments with data, forecasts and insights
- Spearhead the development of tools to automate and scale claims as much as possible
- You are a strong communicator and can service the needs of our songwriters and artists as well as internal stakeholders such as Finance and A&R departments
- Directly liaise with collective rights management organizations (e.g. GEMA, GVL) in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, data suppliers and participate in industry groups and publishing association meeting
- Managerial responsibility for junior team members, tracking experts and data engineers based in Berlin and EU affiliates
- Collaborate with international colleagues from various departments to ensure a global strategy
- You have a bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in business administration or music business.
- You have worked in senior & team leader capacity within collective rights management and/or publishing or recorded with a track-record of manage workflows & development of technical tracking solutions.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an ability to develop and maintain inter-personal relationships with key people and are a strong communicator with versatility to influence in different situations.
- “The devil is in the detail” is not just a phrase for you but you actually apply this as a motto by cross-validating your results, questioning their plausibility and being persistent on getting the right answers from the relevant business expert.
- You are highly analytical, a strategic thinker and problem solver.
- You have basic SQL skills or at least a great motivation and ability to understand new technology and make best use of technical capabilities.
- You have experience in leading, inspiring and developing a team, are able to delegate and work hands-on at the same time.
- In addition, you have an interest & passion for music and the development of the music market.
- Very good English, and preferably German language skills (spoken and written) complete your profile.
let’s see what’s in it for you
An opportunity to lead an international income tracking team
The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the rened Bertelsmann University
A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should k about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most rened and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH
Job ID: 168661