Data Center Technician
Updated: 28 Nov 2021
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time as required.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
ogle isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind ogle's powerful search technology.
As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like ogle's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of ogle platforms, we make ogle's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute to and lead efforts and projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center infrastructure.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on server.
Map DataMap data ©2021 GeoBasis-DE/BKG (©2009), ogle
Map data ©2021 GeoBasis-DE/BKG (©2009), ogle
ogle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us k by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: ogle does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ogle employees or any other organization location. ogle is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.