Head of defense platform services (W/M/D)
Updated: 21 Apr 2022
Cybercrime cases in the Internet are increasing and so do large scale DDoS attacks. Our defense services protect and our customers against attacks, theft of data and other Internet threats. We operate scrubbing centers around the world to provide terabit level attack filtering capacity and our distributed security platforms effectively leverage our own global Internet backbone.
As the Head of Defense Platform Services you will be accountable for owning the vision.
- Lead a team of highly skilled and motivated security experts and team up with network engineers, information security, cloud teams, software development and sales.
- Create product requirements, develop the roadmap, design the competitive strategy, be in charge of the solutions throughout the entire life cycle.
- Work with the Senior management team to define the defense strategy and goals around DDoS solutions, web application firewalling and intrusion prevention.
- Work with potential customers and pre-sales engineers to ensure a successful implementation and delivery.
You have studied Computer Science/Engineering or have completed comparable education. You have a keen interest in security topics and have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of direct experience in network security as security architect, solutions architect, product management or senior network or systems engineer.
- 2+ years of initial leadership experience.
- Hands-on working kledge of DDoS on-prem and cloud solutions.
- Experience with BGP, anycast routing on Linux systems and network routers. Web application protection, packet inspection and hardware offloading is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal, for both executives and engineers. English required, German is a plus.
- Like us, you are a fan of Open Source, especially Linux.
- Active corporate culture: Our interaction is characterized by flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication and short decision- making paths.
- Variety of further trainings: We offer a large range of personal and professional further trainings – via e-learning and seminars, conferences as well as mentoring. Language training for German and English is available to our employees as online or face-to- face courses.
- Attractive JobBike: Via JobBike, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease their individual dream bike easily and favorably and, additionally, we also fund this offer.
- Working from home and flexible working time: Our trust-based working times facilitate flexibility in the scheduling of working time. It is also possible for our employees to work from home.
- od transport connection: Because of the central position and good transport connections, our locations are easily accessed and provide parking space.
- Staff benefits: Our employees receive staff discounts for products of the United Internet group, as well as attractive offers and price reductions from external providers and for various leisure activities. We also offer financial benefits, e. g. for corporate pensions.
- Health measures: Besides internal sport and health courses, we offer lectures about health. Furthermore, you get staff discounts in selected gyms and health centers.
- Nutrition: Each location has got a canteen, where our employees can enjoy the dishes at a reduced price. In addition, there is fresh fruit offered as well as a number of hot and cold beverages free of charge.
- Family service: Our family service provides advice on questions regarding childcare, homecare/elder care or during difficult personal challenges. Family Service is free for all employees.
- Events: We celebrate our success in our teams: There are legendary summer and winter parties.
Our job offer Head of defense platform services (W/M/D)
sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
35 - 40 hours per week hours per week