Senior IT Business Application Developer
Updated: 13 Sep 2021
Business Application Systems Developers are responsible for participating in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications. Inhabitants of this position are assigned to project teams within an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilize a variety of client/server (or mainframe) platforms. Four progression levels exist for this position. Roles and responsibilities, business / technical skills and kledge, competencies and experience are the factors used to determine a person’s placement in the progression. This position will require ON CALL support.
- Analyze business / technical and related issues to formulate and develop or purchase new and/or modified computer programs and systems.
- Revise existing programs, systems, and procedures and use appropriate tools to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion and storage.
- Reconcile user requirements with existing and/or projected computer capacity, capabilities and performance.
- Develop and support code into UNIX / LINUX system.
- Prepare documentation, and may conduct program tests and correct program errors. Analyze programming system’s capabilities to resolve questions of program standards, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- Advise on new technologies, and estimate costs associated with data processing programs.
- Develop procedures and operating instructions.
- Use project management techniques to ensure on-time product delivery and to meet client goals.
- Anticipate organizational impacts of new or changing applications and factor this into project plans.
- Develop new technologies.
- Integrate diverse systems that execute on diverse platforms.
- Seamlessly integrate new technologies into in use existing technologies.
Software Requirements Engineering, Design and Implementation & Maintenance-Expert in Software Requirements Engineering, Software Design and Software Implementation and Maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
Minimum of 5 to 8 years of related experience
Relevant programming languages does not refer to languages such as Excel Macros, Word Macros, etc.
Examples of relevant databases are Adabase, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, IDMS, Arbor, etc.
Examples of relevant systems platforms are MVS, Unix, Windows, CICS, VM, etc.
Examples of relevant development tools are Natural Editor, Predict, Pac, ISPF VB, Endever, Verify, BPWin, ERWIN, etc.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to k them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Worker Type: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor