Senior Java Engineer - Marketing Technology (Zalando Lounge)
Updated: 23 Sep 2020
IT & Technology
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement the Marketing Tech platform within our Demand division and heavily drive marketing automation. You’ll work with Springboot, AWS/Kubernetes, Nakadi/Kafka, interface a range of 3rd party applications such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Accengage, AirShip and Contentful in order to build a complete end-to-end solution.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Interface internal and external API and providing complete solutions specific to our business case. Optimize our tooling landscape and heavily drive marketing automation (e-mail, push notifications, etc.)
- Be a partner with front-end and back-end developers, product managers, UI/UX designers in producing end-to-end solutions
- Embrace data-driven approach to feature development (custom user experiences, personalisation, A/B testing)
- Building scalable and cloud ready software solutions in our AWS and API-first tech environment.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in integrating external and internal API services, 3rd party marketing interfaces/platforms and are excited about building end-to-end solutions that serve the purpose.
- Excellent skilled in Java. Experience in cloud environments such as AWS is a plus.
- Business mindset and are continuously thinking about new ways on how to improve Zalando Lounge through effective and strategic development of internal systems.
- Ability to exchange the kledge and willingness to mentor team members in terms of best practices, code quality and tech frameworks.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, kledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service, and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)