Senior Scala Engineer Cloud Native Team (m/f/x)
Updated: 03 Mar 2021
Offered by:Commercetools GmbH
IT & Technology
By giving our customers and partners the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true Cloud and Headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Today, Fortune Global 500 companies across industries rely on commercetools and the commercetools platform. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, and Switzerland), the US (Durham, NC), and Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia). In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward. We are firm believers in our core values: Purpose, Trust, and Lifelong Learning. More than ever we need passionate talents who believe in these values and in a better future of e-commerce. Awaiting you is an employer that cares and an accomplished international team full of like-minded and friendly individuals operating from across the globe. Would you like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #CloudNative, #Scala, #EventDriven)? Are you thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern commerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breathe functional programming, you dream about solving complex problems? Do you like to put yourself in the shoes of your fellow developers using our APIs? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match!
About your new role:
- Help us innovate and build the most flexible and extensible commerce API
- Integrate our SaaS with leading cloud providers and help drive industry standards, such as the CNCFs CloudEvents, forward
- Work on authentication and single-sign-on solutions
- Analyze product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality, and performance and work closely with Product Management
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 4 years experience as Software Engineer working with Scala
- Experience with at least one major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their serverless and messaging products
- Kledge of OAuth 2.0
- Fluent English for work in international teams
- Completed degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the kledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.