Senior Scala Engineer Product Catalog Management (m/f/x)
Updated: 03 Mar 2021
Offered by:Commercetools GmbH
IT & Technology
By giving our customers and partners the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true Cloud and Headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Today, Fortune Global 500 companies across industries rely on commercetools and the commercetools platform. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, and Switzerland), the US (Durham, NC), and Asia Pacific (Singapore, Australia). In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward. We are firm believers in our core values: Purpose, Trust, and Lifelong Learning. More than ever we need passionate talents who believe in these values and in a better future of e-commerce. Awaiting you is an employer that cares and an accomplished international team full of like-minded and friendly individuals operating from across the globe. You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? You are thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breathe functional programming, and you dream about solving complex problems? On top of that, you work with passion, love clean code, and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match!The Product Catalog Management team works with engineers and designers across multiple teams to deliver the best customer experience within our platform. The team designs, develops, and tests APIs that power the management of products, as well categories of products and inventories. The team is also responsible for the search engine that enables merchants to model and prepare products for sale.
About your new role:
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings and web service APIs
- Work on the APIs that power the checkout: carts, orders, and customers
- Develop a scalable and multi-tenant architecture
- Analyze product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality, and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 4 years experience as Software Engineer working with Scala
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and kledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing, and failover)
- Fluent English for work in international teams
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the kledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.