Senior Search Engineer - E-Commerce / Elasticsearch / Lucene / API (m/f/d)
Updated: 24 Apr 2022
We are the smart shop for all crafts. Our mission is to empower craftsmen and small businesses to save time and resources and therefore revolutionize the industry. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people who want to become part of our team!
What can you expect?
- You support us with further enhancing and maintaining the search engine of our webshop, and together with other disciplines ensure we deliver code quickly and safely into production, help build tests and related developer tools
- You take an active role in the search engine roadmap definition, together with Product Owners and Data Scientists
- You closely collaborate with Data Science to create services that rank and personalize search results; identify relevance issues and propose new ways to solve them
- You bring your kledge and experience into our solution-oriented discussions. Mentor and share search kledge with other engineers
- You follow best practises in software development, applying them to our code and improving on the whole codebase
- You work closely together with our cross-functional development teams in a SCRUM environment
What should you bring along?
- You have 5+ years of experience in building search engines (ideally in e-commerce company) as well as strong experience with ElasticSearch/SOLR/Lucene
- You bring working experience with PHP 7+, (experience on standard frameworks like Symfony or Slim is a plus) along
- You have a hands-on experience with API design and development as well as kledge about professional software engineering (basic algorithms and data structures, advanced concepts of software design, clean code, agile processes)
- Your English skills are good
- You don’t have to be an expert in all areas of our technology stack, but most of the technologies should be familiar to you.
- Backend: ElasticSearch, PHP 7/8, MySQL, Swagger, Git, Aerospike, Composer, Codeception/PHPUnit
- Infrastructure: nginx, Saltstack, Rackspace Cloud, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
What do we offer you?
- Work in an international environment together with motivated and highly professional colleagues
- With us, you take on responsibility and can help shape things. We offer you the opportunity to get involved
- How we work together is very important to us. If you identify with our values of transparency, respect, courage and passion, you've come to the right place
- Develop your skills through internal and external training, our Management Academy, mentoring opportunities or e-learning
- We want you to feel good and therefore subsidize the majority of a Gymondo (sport & fitness) or Headspace (meditation) annual licence
- Thanks to our cooperation partner, we can support you in finding a day-care place for your child(ren)
- Foosball, PlayStation and table tennis will give you something to think about in the meantime
- Joint activities bring us together
- Adapt your working hours to your everyday life
Our job offer Senior Search Engineer - E-Commerce / Elasticsearch / Lucene / API (m/f/d)
sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
35 - 40 hours per week hours per week