Software Engineer, willing to retrain on React Native
Updated: 04 May 2021
IT & Technology
Who We AreWe’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring StatusCrunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: ChisinauAwarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About The Team:We develop apps for devices found in a Living Room: Xbox, PlayStation, Android TV/Fire TV, Chrome cast, Roku, etc. To deliver from a single codebase across all platforms, our team uses You.i framework in combination with a variety of code written in TypeScript, C++, Kotlin, BrightScript and Java to create a flawless fan experience. And, because there are so many platforms to explore, inevitably, we’re having fun in the process of doing what we love - programming!
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with REST API
- Can freely use Git
- Familiarity with unit tests
- Understanding of clean code concepts & design patterns
- od level of kledge of English
Nice to have:
- Experience with cross-platform frameworks like Xamarin, Flutter
- Had used or tried RxJS
- Familiar with 10-foot UI
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
A day in the life of our React Native Engineer:
- Use the Playstation, the Xbox, AndroidTV, Roku to implement new app features using specially crafted Facebook’s React Native framework to work on these devices
- Participate in daily standups and technical meetings to discuss code design, architecture, frameworks, new insights, and concepts
- Help discover bugs and solutions for them
- Contribute to our own small tooling in Typescript
- We are humans, we tell jokes, laugh and have fun
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utility compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & others.
- Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
About CrunchyrollCrunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights. Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store). Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company ValuesYou’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality
- We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- We’re showing the world how special anime is