Customer Program Manager
Updated: 10 Sep 2019
Management / Consulting
- Location: Eschborn, Hessen, Germany
- Additional Location(s) Garching, Bavaria, Germany / Berlin, Berlin, Germany or another major Cisco office in Germany
- Area of Interest Customer Experience
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest
Who You'll Work WithThis is a great opportunity to join the Cisco Customer Delivery Program/Project Management Team Germany, a high performing team responsible for the delivery of a multi-million dollar Services Programs and Projects leading Cisco's customers to business, innovation and operational success. You will report to Andreas Vollenweider, Head of Customer Program/Project Management for Germany. You will manage key accounts in Enterprise and Public Sector.
What You’ll DoThe Program Manager is a key player in the Cisco Services business, responsible for high profile, digital transformation programs. Your role will sit within a high performing team managing some of Cisco's most valued clients. You will be accountable to drive a multi-million-dollar Services Program delivering outcomes for leading Cisco customers. As the Program Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Successful delivery and completion, on-time and on-cost delivery of all contractual commitments to a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Management of resources in a matrix organization where resources are supplied by direct line management and working across multiple delivery organizations
- Establish and maintain relationships with account Service Delivery Executives (SDE), Delivery Managers, Solution Integration Architects (SIA) and other key members of the Cisco delivery ecosystem.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including other organizations related to our customer base (Sales, Services Sales, Business Units and various other organizations) contributing key roles and responsibilities to make a successful engagement
- Perform planning, cost and revenue forecasting, capacity planning and availability management
- Conduct implementation and integration of a contract program through the life cycle
- Establish standards and successful metrics; build effective teams
- Provide effective communication with team and leadership including customer and stake holders
- Assess Risks, Resolve Issues to Closure, Drive Improvements and Change
- Manage Cisco’s participation in vernance via Program Management Office (Cisco and joint customer-Cisco)
- Identify complex issues and resolves complex problems that impact strategic direction
- Financial reporting of associated program P&L
Who You AreYou've got a stellar track record of managing large scale, complex delivery programs and projects. You have thorough kledge of service proposal, program planning and contract negotiation skills. You are a pro negotiator will great communication skills. With that kledge, you can work remotely and manage a matrix environment managing multiple project managers in the delivery cycle. You have good analytic and decision making skills. Your rock star communication skills help you influence major accounts. Related Business / Technical Kledge, Skills and Expertise
- Program Management experience in the deployment of leading-edge technologies in a complex Enterprise and/or Public Sector environment.
- Major Enterprise and Public Sector account program management experience.
- Has achieved formal Program/Project Management certification, ie PGMP/PMP (Cisco preferred) or equal
- Has completed significant part of formal Agile/SCRUM training program or holds respective certification
- Has kledge of routing, switching, internet, general network architecture, collaboration solutions, IoT and cloud technologies.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and experience working with large program teams and strategic account teams.
- Demonstrates a working kledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping
- Has a good understanding of the legal issues within contracts
- Demonstrates advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Understands organizational structures and their aims and processes
- Has advanced kledge of office software and program management tools
- Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus min several years’ related experience in networking / telecommunications industry
- OR proven several years’ experience managing IT & Telco projects in a clearly defined IT Program/Project Management role.
- German Citizenship is preferred (due to Public Sector client)
- Fluency in German and English languages are required
- Readiness to achieve higher level of German security clearance is required