Updated: 25 Nov 2021
As Field Manager, you will be responsible for helping deploy Via's innovative ride-sharing technology in Berlin as we expand our European partnerships business. You will play a key operational role in the mobility revolution happening in one of Europe’s most innovative cities. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally-savvy person with strong “people skills” and good project management abilities to experience the dynamics of the rapidly changing mobility industry up close.
Please note: This role is also posted as 'Operations Manager' in Berlin
What You'll Do:
- Play a key role in launching our operations on the ground, and work with our experienced senior leadership team to set up and operate the service
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable rider and driver experience - every day!
- Take responsibility for our drivers, ensuring they are sufficiently trained and highly motivated to work in this challenging but rewarding service
- Manage driver supply to ensure we have the right number of drivers on the road in order to meet demand
- Coordinate vehicle-related processes, such as vehicle ramp-up, maintenance and cleaning; and manage subcontractors accordingly
- As the real-time point of contact, you will prioritize operational issues and implement creative solutions to solve problems as they arise
- Respond to driver feedback and follow up on driver incidents
- Diligently work with a broad interdisciplinary team to help scale operational processes, systems, and tools to drive rapid growth
- Work closely with our central support operations team to ensure adequate live-support for the service, as well as high-quality customer support
Who You Are:
- Entrepreneurial attitude - you like to work independently and assume a lot of responsibility
- A true team player, - you enjoy working in an energetic team environment
- Desire to work in an exciting market at the interface of mobility and technology, with a dynamic and international team
- A savvy and tactful communicator, you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people at all levels and from a wide range of backgrounds
- Willing to wear multiple hats and contribute to projects of all types
- Able to stay calm in stressful situations and develop creative solutions in real time
- Relevant work experience, ideally in the field of shift scheduling, transportation, or care/transportation for people with disabilities
- Fluent German speaker with strong proficiency in English
What Catches Our Eye:
- University or Fachhochschule degree
- Previous project management, operations, or customer service experience
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Qualification as “Mietwagenunternehmer” or “Omnibusunternehmer” and/or experience as “Betriebsleiter” in the (public) transportation industry
- Experience in the field of para transit or working with people with disabilities
- Fluency in other European languages
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer