Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Java (Remote)
Updated: 27 Nov 2021
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a , you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
This role is part of the Vault Commercial Content team that builds world-class products to allow customers to efficiently share and manage documents and digital assets through their lifecycle, with a key focus on approving and distributing compliant content for promotional and medical use.
You will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever-growing number of customers. The Software Engineer will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva Systems. The applicant for this role should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges, and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment, with the desire to see our customers succeed.
Opportunities are available across Europe as this is a Work Anywhere role including our hub offices (Oxford, Frankfurt, Paris, Barcelona). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the EU (for EU locations) and the UK (for UK-based candidates).
What You'll Do
- Design, test, and develop scalable, highly available, low-latency applications for high-demand systems
- Participate in agile practices by contributing to stories and helping plan sprints
- Help ensure customer success by ensuring designs comply with specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BSc in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Management Information Systems
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience writing RESTful web services
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with content management products & technologies is very helpful
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Past successful history in geographic diverse teams spanned across multiple locations
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.