Senior Full-Stack Engineer (f/m/d)
Updated: 25 Nov 2021
Who we are
We are part of the team behind Kaufland.de: Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine kledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of over 200 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland.de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: .
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer (f/m/d) in our team you proactively develop the Kaufland Marketplace and internal services further
- In our cross-functional teams, you regularly work with colleagues from other disciplines to develop good products together
- You work in a challenging environment and use cutting edge technologies and innovative processes
- With your well-founded experience and skills, you are committed to continuously improving your colleagues’ k-how, methodology and quality, and you lead by example
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have an educational level that corresponds to completed university studies in (business) information technology, (business) engineering, mathematics or physics, or you have comparable practical experience
- You have a very high capacity for abstraction, analytical thinking and your actions are always based on partnership
- You have the drive to continuously develop both yourself and your team further in order to become a little bit better every day
- Passion for what you do and a strong interest in current e-commerce trends and developments
- You have in-depth kledge of software development methods and principles (ideally object-oriented programming), coupled with healthy pragmatism
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
What we offer
- Work as you feel comfortable! You decide whether you want to work in the office or remotely. We We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location. Create your own work-life!
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Personal & team growth: We’re a remote company, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That’s why we organize company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company.
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).