Manager RU applications (f/m/d)
Updated: 28 Nov 2021
Dresden, Germany, Germany
Xilinx delivers fully adaptive antenna technology 5G radio access networks to effectively address the growing demand for wireless capacity. Its platform enables mobile network infrastructure vendors to release the full potential of their RAN products through advanced features such as cell-splitting, 3D-beamforming, massive MIMO as well as RF power reduction. For the mobile network operator Xilinx technology enables dramatically increased site capacity, robustness, and availability as well as energy efficiency.
- Manage a team to for system testing and applications of massive MIMO ORAN RUs. Team responsibilities are:
- Certification and qualification testing
- O-RAN interoperability testing and conformance testing
- O-RU system testing
- Engineering field trials
- Integration with O-RAN base band partners
- End-to-end testing
- Integration lab
- Product application documentation
- Training of field application engineers.
- Collaborate with system, hardware, and verification engineers.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- University / University of applied sciences / University of cooperative education: Bachelor/Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Technology required
- Main focus on Telecommunication Engineering desired
- Sound kledge cellular communication systems
- Kledge in digital and RF design especially for active antenna systems
- Kledge in cellular communication protocols and standards (3GPP, 5G-NR FCC, O-RAN…)
- Basics in Environmental Product Test Standards (IEC, ETSI, Telcordia,…)
- Kledge in wireless system integration of baseband and (active) radio.
- Practical kledge of development flows and release management.
- Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Team-oriented and self-dependent working style
- Relevant experience in a similar position and sector
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.