IT Service Desk Engineer
Updated: 28 Nov 2021
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable IT Service Desk Engineer to join the IT Service Desk in Dresden, Germany. You will be expected to provide support both locally and remotely to all LogMeIn employees in Germany, as well as providing additional remote support to other EMEA offices.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a few years of IT Service Desk experience to take the next step in their career, to work as part of a dynamic and cutting-edge team for a leading global SaaS company.
- Responds to and resolves hardware and software service requests using Ticketing system for local and remote LogMeIn employees.
- Manage the resolution of all incidents /tickets, per respective SLA processes and guidelines.
- Report escalations and potential issues to the Senior Service Desk Engineer/ IT Manager.
- Create documentation, using standard templates, for use by IT support teams and end users; perform content reviews and update as needed.
- Support and troubleshoot incidents of medium complexity to resolution for local and remote LogMeIn employees.
- Manage access accounts in Active Directory (users, groups, OUs).
- Manage Email distribution groups.
- Configure new computers with LogMeIn standard image and prepare them for deployment on the network using Microsoft Intune and JAMF Casper.
- Provide telephony support; Polycom, Cisco, and mobile phone devices (iOS and Android), including softphone.
- Provide internal support for LogMeIn products such as ToMeeting, LastPass and LogMeIn standard hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Provide in-room hardware support for Meeting Rooms including all aspects of AV (Crestron, Dolby, Logitech) and Room Wizard administration.
- Provide wireless device support (WLAN) for laptops, mobile devices and tablets.
- Troubleshoot networking issues to physical layer, OS, and hardware issues, and IP /DNS / DHCP issues.
- Maintain documentation as required by management (assets inventory, kledgebase, solutions etc.).
- Assist with employee moves, new hire desk setup in the office.
- Assist with receiving deliveries, unboxings, stock room management, removal of all packaging.
- Maintain security of returned equipment by erasing or destroying hard drives.
- Prepare returned equipment for re-use using high sanitization/ hygiene protocols.
- Management of defective hardware, logging calls with vendors and arranging engineer site visits to repair damaged /faulty hardware.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10/Mac OS environments, computer peripherals, printers, and scanners.
- Provide support for Outlook, VPN, MS Office, One Drive, Windows Defender, web services and other software solutions.
- Ensure all meeting rooms are up to date and working through periodic testing, checking Windows updates, applying patches and updating antivirus.
- Expected time spent in our Dresden office (located directly next to Zwinger): 3 days a week.
- Light to medium physical exertion, routine bending, and lifting may be required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a helpdesk or technical environment.
- BSc, BE, BCA in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Experience in writing and completing technical and end user documentation.
- Demonstrated organization, project planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills in the everyday environment.
- Advanced understanding and application of Service Desk incident management tools.
- Ability to assist remote users.
- Able to communicate highly technical information as necessary to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be reliable, dependable, flexible, and able to multi-task with priority.
- Able to manage incidents and tasks within SLAs.
- A solid understanding of all major computer operating systems including MacOS and Windows 10. Some Linux kledge is a plus.
- Previous experience with Active Directory.
- An up-to-date understanding of imaging technologies; MS Intune and JAMF Casper.
- Advanced proficiency in hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Office products, Office 365 for Windows and MacOS.
- Experience with cloud-based backup solutions such as OneDrive.
- Very good understanding of AD, DNS, DHCP, and general networking protocols.
- Confident in supporting LAN and WLAN issues, across all devices, both in the office and remotely.
- Very good experience and kledge of Microsoft Azure cloud computing services.
- Microsoft product certifications are a plus.
- Maintains excellent communication with users in both fluent English and German languages.
- Ability to travel within Germany, Munich office visits required throughout the year.
- Guidance with online career development sessions and training
- Access to e-books and other online resources for kledge expansion and innovative updates
- Charity and volunteering opportunities
- Regular hackathons and non-feature Fridays to drive learning, competition and innovation
- Inclusive, humane and COVID-cautious environment in the future of work
- Be authentic and bring your whole self to work. Be mindful to create space to celebrate diversity of thought, background, and perspective. Give wherever you can.
- Play to win and aim high. Be inventive to solve our customers' needs. Don't be afraid to try something new.
- Speed over perfection. Disagree but commit. Make progress every day. Simplify, take action, and own outcomes.
- Always be curious and learning. Embrace feedand grow from your mistakes. Share your learnings with others
LogMeIn has been supporting the remote work lifestyle for more than 20 years. Millions of users worldwide rely on our products more than ever. We believe that the future is to work from everywhere. Our simple to use cloud-based, cross-platform web, mobile and desktop applications like ToMeeting, LastPass, ToMyPC, Rescue, Central, and ToAssist among others make it possible for people and companies to connect and engage with their workplace, colleagues, customers, and products anywhere, anytime.