Updated: 25 Nov 2021
Offered by:DB AG
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move. ...
SOM - Service & Operations Management Function is responsible for the overall orchestration, control and management of service delivery processes across all services and service provid-ers to enable service management and seamless delivery of end-to-end services within SLA.
The SOM Solution Architect is a technical responsible person for the overall architecture and general operational delivery of the underlying products and functionalities. He/ she is responsible for the design and communication of solution concepts to enable and guide the design and de-velopment of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs for delivery of one or more projects or activities.
Their primary role is to optimize the value of a solution to DB Schenker and its customers. Fur-thermore the reduction of risk in its solution delivery while ensuring that all compliance and regu-latory requirements which impact the system are considered. The Solution Architect will work with specialists, technical staff and stakeholders to ensure the delivery on the most effective way for the organization.
The Service Solution Architect is part of the Standards & Tools team within the Global Ser-vice & Operations Management department.
- Driving and support the solution and development of the respective products
- Creating architecture compliant solution strategies for demands (e.g . feasibility study) that conform both to customer requirements and solution development standards
- Driving the development analyzing and designing of technical, application and technology architectures in alignment with the IT architecture principles
- Ensure the consistency and quality of the entire system from the perspective of solution architecture
- Steering and monitoring of implementation partners during design as well as implementa-tion phase
- Ensures the mapping of client/business requirements to systems/technical requirements
- Taking into account the requirements in terms of performance, IT security, availability, documentation, monitorability and auditability aspects
- Ensure that expected application quality attribute levels are achieved
- Lead and deliver requirements, scoping and design workshops, ensuring requirements are well documented
- Acts as quality gate keeper to ensure operational readiness and ensures that implementa-tions and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet client requirements
- Support in review of cost and design optimized solution designs based on understanding of costs and returns of investments by supporting the release and budget planning
- Provide expert level support (3rd level support) and technical mentoring to implementation and delivery team and/or operational units
- Maintain deep, comprehensive kledge of Service’s capabilities and constraints
- Recognize and develop opportunities to leverage Service as a platform
- Supports internal service review meetings covering performance, quality aspects and processes
- Creation, alignment and implementation of architectural guidelines for the area of respon-sibility
- Senior technical member of the team, deliver hands-on configuration, development and in-tegration services and serve in a delivery assurance capacity for deliverables
- Plan and coordinate all phases of releases and testing and test acceptance; design and oversee development of testing related work products; lead test remediation cycles
- Develop and present business case material for senior prospect and customer stakehold-ers. Supports the creation and delivery of presentations and product demonstrations
- Cooperation with Pre-Sales Solution Consultants/Architects on enhancements and new business solutions
- Follows up on outstanding development needs and provides status reports to the stake-holders
- Communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audi-ences
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept / Proof of Value engagements
- Act as the Service subject matter expert for his/her products towards the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Multiple years of relevant technical and business experience in the area of ITSM and ITOM as well kledge of the processes of service management esp. for so-lutioning in Service
- Experience with IT Service Management and IT Operations Management tools esp. Ser-vice
- Experience to work in cross-functional and global teams
- Positive and integrative collaboration skills establishing strong supportive relationships cross all departments
- High flexibility and willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent in English language skills