Technical Artist (Rigging)
Updated: 16 Dec 2021
Creative / Design
- Work closely with art and animation departments to create and maintain ‘Animator Friendly’ rigs
- Develop character, weapon, and vehicle workflows for upcoming projects in Maya, working in conjunction with the project leaders and the art/programming team.
- Solve technical production issues, especially those related to real-time characters and character performances.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
- Defines workflows and pipelines, simplifying where possible.
- Create and optimize content for memory and performance gains.
- Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
- Develops tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
- Provide technical insight to the Art and Animation departments, breaking down complex issues into discrete action items.
- Mentor and train others in areas of expertise. May need to guide other Artists to achieve desired workflows.
- 3+ years of professional production experience with realtime CG characters/Technical Animation.
- od understanding of anatomy, volume and deformation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art or related fields.
- Solid scripting experience in Python.
- Experience in the games industry including AAA console titles.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Expert kledge of Maya for animation and rigging.
- Expert kledge of Animation principles Kinematics and rigging math.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Organized approach to problem solving and time-management.
- od English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to, Germany.
- Facial Anatomy, FACS breakdown, Facial rigging experience.
- Multiple shipped AAA console titles.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!