Shareholder Intelligence Analyst
Updated: 12 Jan 2021
Finance / Accounting
About UsIHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth.
Your RoleAre you an analytical thinker that is curios to how and why things are connected? Do you enjoy working through different sets of data and piecing it together to tell a client how their shareholder base has changed from one period to the next? We’re looking for an analyst, within the Shareholder Intelligence Division to:
- Serve as the lead contact in the delivery of actionable intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets
- Contribute to Thought Leadership pieces by publishing thought-provoking content to engage with clients and showcase the skills and kledge of an IHS Markit analyst.
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients’ stocks and provide insight around the movements
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations efforts
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategies and trading
- Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates around notable shareholder movements
- Participation in one or more of the EMEA shareholder intelligence committees
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team’s service offering to clients.
About YouYou will be working in the Shareholder Intelligence Team in Germany where you will work alongside the regional director and sales team to engage with Investor Relations representatives of listed companies throughout Europe. The team in Germany is supported by 5 analysts situated in Cape Town, but works within a wider team of more than 15 analysts. Key Qualifications and Skills:
- English oral and written communication skills. Ideally you would have experience in writing pieces for public consumption for example; marketcommentary. Being able to speak German would be preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of Market Surveillance, Data & Analytics, Capital Markets, or related finance or capital markets experience
- A solid understanding of financial metrics and capital markets
- Strong quantitative and qualitative ability
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills. Ideally you would have experience in writing pieces for public consumption for example; market commentary.
- Ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
- Ability to analyse data and absorb new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Ability to collaborate with teammates located in global IHS Markit offices, across time zones
- Detail oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational skills
- Resourceful and able to contribute creative solutions to client questions and internal functions
- Facility with advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet and SalesForce is desirable.
- Any advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Visual Basics, Power BI will be advantageous.
- Able to take constructive criticism and grow from it
- Someone who thrives under pressure and enjoys a challenge
- Collaborative and a team player
- Forward thinking and aim to improve with each objective
- al orientated/ Results driven
What we offer:
- Option to work from home on certain days of the week
- Be part of an international institution with a strong client base and broad product line
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Flexible working hours