Cobol Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Updated: 29 Oct 2020
IT & Technology
Location:Frankfurt, DE Group Company:Deutsche Börse AG Cobol Software Engineer (f/m/d) Full-time | Unlimited Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activityIn our Section Reference Data Services of Corporate IT we focus on collecting, validating, and distributing reference data from internal and external sources required to run our broad business. For our Reference Data system, we are looking for a Cobol Software Engineer with diverse range of skills to help us with the further development and meeting our business expectations for one of our critical and core applications. In this role you will have the opportunity to touch various stages of development from design to implementation. You will be part of a growing and diverse project team which supports and appreciates the added value you will bring to our team.
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software primarily on IBM Mainframe in programming language COBOL
- Your responsibility will be to support our internal customers and other team members (analysts, developers, and testers) in their tasks
- You will actively collaborate with the teams in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Prague and Cork
- You support us with the cultural change by sharing your kledge and supporting junior colleagues in developing their skills
- You are educated in the field of Computer Science and/or have relevant experience in software development
- You are experienced in software engineering on z/OS with COBOL, using IMS DC and DB2
- Experience with z/OS, TSO/ISPF, GitHub, Jira
- You describe yourself as a positive person with a “can do attitude”
- You have a high sense of responsibility paired with a solution-oriented mindset
- As an enthusiast about technology you are open to learn, develop and share your kledge
- You communicate fluently in written and spoken English, German is an advantage