DevOps Engineer - Energy IT (f/m/d)
Updated: 28 Oct 2020
IT & Technology
Location:Prague, CZ Frankfurt, CZ Group Company:Deutsche Börse AG DevOps Engineer - Energy IT (f/m/d) Full-time | Unlimited Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activityYour responsibility within the Energy product team will include the daily operation (monitoring, deployment, technical administration) of our applications and systems on cloud/on-prem. As a DevOps evangelist and core product team member, you will automate and enhance process and procedures within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation thereby ensuring stable and consistent production environments. You will be encouraged to propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our product. In our Energy product team, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Operate Energy Monitoring stack with Ansible/Terraform/AWS including capacity and performance management, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Assist integration of Kafka & Consul clusters monitoring into our Energy Monitoring stack and develop preventive maintenance.
- Systems Administration- (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity- and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Take part in Automation/Containerization/Cloudification/Serverless projects.
- Operation includes on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts or on-call duty per month may be expected).
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering in highly critical environments.
- Experience in ELK, TIK stack.
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Experience in Web & application servers / proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy).
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform).
Additionally Desired Skills
- od kledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, ogle Cloud, Kafka, Consul, Sparc, Hadoop, CheckMK, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Mongo
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps and SRE.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages Python//Java
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture.
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis).