Technical Artist - Pipeline/Tools
Updated: 16 Dec 2021
Marketing / PR
- Designs and develops improved content creation pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Provides documentation and mentors the content creation teams to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
- Creates sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate visual improvements
- Collaborates with the content creation teams and supports them with new tools
- Provides support to content creators for tools and pipelines owned by the department
- Keeps current with the technological developments and advancements throughout the game industry
- Maintain a clean common facility pipeline (tools, automation, practices) across multiple different projects.
- 3+ years of professional production experience with AAA game titles.
- A heavy problem solver driven by a desire to remove blockers for artists and to empower them to create exceptional quality at scale.
- The ability to evaluate existing workflows/pipeline, suggesting, presenting and implementing improvements
- Excellent Python skills and kledge of PyMEL, PyQt/PySide
- Kledge of key DCC application APIs: 3ds Max, Maya (Blender, Houdini a bonus)
- Experience with C++ is a huge bonus but not essential.
- Experience in writing hlsl/CgFX Shaders is also a huge bonus.
- Experience in Mari or Substance is a bonus.
- At least 1 Shipped AAA game as a Pipeline Technical Artist.
- Experience integrating Perforce into other tool is a plus
- Artistic background is a plus
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!