Employment and Labor Relations Specialist GE Healthcare Germany (m/f/d)
Updated: 16 Dec 2021
Job Description Summary
The Employment and Labor Relations Specialist (m/f/d) is part of the HR team of GE Healthcare DACH. He/ she owns the implementation of corporate and local projects and initiatives, driving positive and consistent outcomes aligned with business priorities. He/ She provides consultation and support to HR Business Partners and HR Generalists in Germany. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Labor Relations Healthcare in Germany.
At GE Healthcare, our machines, our software, our solutions, our services, and our people make a genuine difference to medical professionals and patients all over the world. That’s because we never lose sight of what healthcare really needs—the human touch.
The position is based at either of our GE Healthcare sites in Munich, Solingen or Freiburg. Regular travel to other GE Healthcare/ GE locations in Germany is part of the job. GE Healthcare provides many flexible/ mobile working opportunities.
- You will drive the implementation of corporate and local projects and initiatives including operational and project management aspects:
- Devise the strategy and materials
- Analyze data
- Draft “Master” shop floor agreements
- Negotiate initiatives with joint/ local works councils in collaboration with HR Business Partner/ HR Generalist
- Manage communication with and to stakeholders
- You will develop and improve process tollgates and standard work toolkits to support increased co-ordination on cross entity topics and initiatives
- You develop HR and business leadership competencies on works council engagement and co-determination requirements
- You support restructurings in the region – this includes consultation requirements – plan of interest/ social plan – as well as support on individual cases
- Furthermore you will support HR BP/ Generalists on performance issues and disciplinary matters
Your qualifications and experiences:
- You bring a state examinations in law from an accredited university or college or Master of Laws degree (“Wirtschaftsjurist”)
- You bring proven labor and employee relations experience – preferably gained in the industry / a company
- You have sound experience in working & building relationships with works councils
- Fluency in German and English in written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
Desired experiences/skills that can be further elaborated "on-the-job" are
- Experience with Unions
- Experience with project management, change management as well as stakeholder management > project management mindset
- Experience in drafting collective agreements
- Experience as an HR Generalist
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills
- Ability to translate legal concepts into practical business solutions and influence key decision-makers
- Experience in an international environment/ matrix organization
Are you interested in learning more? Then please apply online. For any question upfront please reach out to our recruiter Carolin Krone on . Please note that for Data Privacy compliance we are not able to accept any e-mail applications!
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Diversity & Inclusion message
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Healthcare - every moment matters
Relocation Assistance Provided: No