Senior Lead Programmer [Beyond Good and Evil 2] (f/m/d)
Updated: 18 Sep 2020
IT & Technology
About Ubisoft MainzThe teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond od And Evil 2. More information at .
Job DescriptionBeyond od & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us create engaging and entertaining environments that push design forward and accentuate the gameplay, story and emotional depth of the game.If you are a talented programmer with strong C++ skills, we would love to welcome you on the team. We expect you to have outstanding people skills, a collaborative “yes, and…” attitude, and a longstanding passion for games within many genres on multiple platforms. Your main responsibilities are to:
- Lead a team of highly skilled gameplay, tools and UI programmers
- Design and Implement various gameplay systems and tools for our AAA game “Beyond od & Evil 2”
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team.
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience.
- Champion core game values, especially 'gameplay first'.
- Expert C / C++ programming skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming, including experience shipping at least one AAA title
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Passion for video games
- Experience working with big C++ engines
- Experience in C#, WPF and Python
- UI development experience
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- Experience working on security issues
- In-depth familiarity with Ubisoft products
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and kledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company