Senior Backend Engineer mit DevOps Fokus (m/w/d)
Posted: 19 Jul 2023
Peter Park revolutionizes parking lots by digitizing them. Our mission is to replace physical barriers with cutting-edge computer vision technology, paper-based receipts with interactive touch screen terminals, and traditional payment methods with smartphone integration and cloud microservices. We aim to integrate every parking lot into the digital mobility ecosystem, offering a range of secondary services to optimize parking capacity utilization.
As of , Peter Park operates over 500 edge devices across Europe, facilitating thousands of parking and payment transactions per hour. Our physical infrastructure relies on distributed, Python and NestJS-based backend services hosted on AWS. We are seeking a Senior Backend & DevOps Engineer to join our team, responsible for maintaining every new feature that we roll out to our users and customers.
Was erwartet dich?
- Work on an amazing product with b2b and b2c aspects at the intersection of mobility and property technology
- Develop and enhance our backend, serving as the operating system for car parking
- Contribute to the improvement of our CI pipelines for both backend and IoT deployments
- Improve our monitoring system for our services with Datadog
- Assist in scaling up our systems for managing thousands of parking lots
- Shape our engineering culture by employing modern software engineering practices, focusing on writing clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Continuously deploy code into production
- Build up deep kledge about our python based backend services running on AWS and edge devices
- Manage our technical debt and evolve our architecture to support future requirements and meet our SLA agreements
- Mentor other engineers on API and python design patterns, cloud services and DevOps
Was solltest du mitbringen?
- Real seniority. Not defined by years of experience but by strive for continuous improvement, direct impact on the business, and ownership
- Be a pro in more than one field (Python, C++, Node.js, AWS cloud services and more)
- Strong experience in real production projects with high throughput
- Proficient in backend frameworks such as NestJS, Flask, Fastify, FastAPI
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (level C1). German language proficiency is not required
Was bieten wir dir?
- A MacBook or ThinkPad and 37 inch curved screen
- 28 vacation days
- A startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies and agile team structures
- Flexible working hours and office space with a panoramic view of the Alps and Munich in the Neue Balan
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work setup, work from the comfort of your home or in our brand new office in Munich equipped with wide-curved screens and standing/moving desks
- Company pension plan
- Daily meal allowance and free team lunch once a week, cereal bar and free drinks
- Job bike, sports and fitness offers through Urban Sports Club membership throughout Germany
- Professional development opportunities
- German language course
- Discounts on various branded products through our partner Corporate Benefits
Our job offer Senior Backend Engineer mit DevOps Fokus (m/w/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
40 hours per week hours per week