Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) - Core Team
Updated: 09 Apr 2021
IT & Technology
Technology Remote, Germany Munich, Germany
DescriptionThe Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future. Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a SeniorPHP Developer (m/f/d) to join our Westwing Core team. You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web application and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using NodeJS.Westwing headquaters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working remotelyis possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).What we do:
- In the Westwing core team there is a broad variety of projects we work on.
- The team is responsible for the front-end (Yii) and back-end (Zend) frameworks of our shopping website, as well as several micro-services and internal tools built in various technology stack and infrastructure like K8s and AWS Lambda.
- We are also responsible for communication between e-commerce backend system and other internal systems like warehouse management and customer care.
- We write new software mainly using PHP (Symfony, Laravel) as a back-end language and node.js/express.js with React on front-end applications. Other frameworks we maintain include Lumen, Zend, Yii and ExtJS. We use MySQL as main datasource but we also use DynamoDB, Memcached and Elastic Search for various purposes.
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
- Furthermore, you will optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
- PHP7+, Symfony, Zend Framework, Yii framework
- HTML5, CSS, JS
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHPCS, PHPMD, PHP Stan
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, JSON, RPC)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Debian, Bash, nginx, php-fpm
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Kledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for given problem into the PHP code covered with enough number of tests and put inside the docker image
- Several years of experience in development with PHP OOP (Zend Framework/Yii/Symfony experience is a plus)
- Experience with MySQL
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Agile teams where your ideas and solutions are valued
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structure