Sales Engineer, Hybrid, Google Cloud
Updated: 16 Sep 2020
Munich , Germany Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Munich, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Frankfurt, Germany; Berlin, Germany
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience with containers and associated technologies.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms.
- Experience in advanced areas of networking.
- Experience with networking concepts and logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
- Kledge of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh and mobile security strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space
About the jobWhen leading companies choose ogle Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use ogle Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales oglers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to ogle Cloud products. The ogle Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of ogle’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners. As a Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of ogle Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of ogle Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks. ogle Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure/cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with ogle’s customers.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, developing best practices, and documenting key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.