Professorship Software Engineering (m/f/d)
Posted: 17 Dec 2022
The professor will become a member of adesso’s university council, partnering with other well-kn professors in the field of software engineering. adesso, germany’s fastest growing IT company, will also provide opportunities for internships and research projects for the students of the adesso school.
It is expected that the future holder of the position will shift their center of life to Berlin/Potsdam area (on-site presence).
- You are teaching courses of programming, software engineering, IT and related topics, in our (current) Digital Business, Digital Marketing, Coding and Software Engineering bachelor and Digital Transformation master programs (in addition, teaching courses in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science, though not a mandatory requirement is considered a plus).
- You are supervising examinations, internships, projects, bachelor and master theses and you are participating in the further development, consultation and organization of new courses.
- You take over planning and implementation of research and development projects, including publishing activities and other initiatives as adequate and you are establishing networks with partner companies and supporting internships and collaborative projects.
- You are participating in the academic self-administration of the university as well as in marketing and students admission activities
- You commit to contribute to the teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach, as well as with practical experience in a digitally growing world, commit to engage and develop the innovative and our interactive didactiv concepts and methods and commit to participate in interdisciplinary courses as well as in the development and implementation of English-language based courses.
- You completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or IT and you have pedagogic and didactic experience for academic teaching in software engineering in English
- You possess practical professional experience in software development of at least 5 years in relaed industries (preferably after completing the PhD) and ideally additional kledge and experience in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science
- You have Experience with latest trends in software development including agile, DevOps, User-centric Development, Docker, Kubernetes, Build tools, etc.
- You have research track record in the software engineering field proven by consultancy projects and/or publications in international scientific conferences and journals, etc. Additional experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects is a plus.
- You distinguish yourself by very good communication skills and teamwork, ability to interact and motivate students and other key stakeholders and you fulfill the official requirement captured by § 41 of State of Brandenburg (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz (BbgHG)).
- Attractive modern environment.
- The opportunity to impact on a young university.
- The chance to set your own focus in research, as well as in new courses of study and, in the future, new subject areas, etc.
- Friendly atmosphere, teamwork-oriented and committed colleagues who love what they do.
- The opportunity to build something and develop processes that ensure high-quality teaching and innovative research in the long term.
Please, include the following information in your application and submit your application in a single PDF file.
- Cover letter explaining your motivation to join XU.
- Detailed resume and list of publications.
- Doctoral certificate.
- University certificates.
- An overview of the courses and projects you have held so far (scope, subject).
- Relevant experience certificates.
- Teaching experience including evaluation forms (if available).
- Teaching statement describing potential courses to cover.
- Research statement describing your research vision.
Our job offer Professorship Software Engineering (m/f/d) sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
20 - 40 hours per week hours per week