Quantitative Risk Analyst - Model Validation - Credit Rating Models (f/m/d)
Updated: 29 Oct 2020
Finance / Accounting
Location:Frankfurt, DE Group Company:EUREX Clearing AG Quantitative Risk Analyst - Model Validation - Credit Rating Models (f/m/d) Full-time | Limited Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.Start: 01.06.2021 / This position is initially limited for 2 years.
Field of activityModel Validation is key to Eurex Clearing’s Model Risk Management. As a second line risk management function, we perform regular and ad hoc model reviews considering a changing regulatory environment and market conditions, define model risk and validation guidelines and develop appropriate validation methods. Your primary role is to drive and participate in the validation of models in scope of regulatory requirements such as models for calculation of economic capital requirements. Model Validation reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer of Eurex Clearing and you will have regular opportunities to present validation results to senior management and regulators. In addition, team members are involved in cross-functional, strategic projects of Deutsche Börse Group.
- Validation of internal Credit Rating Models models performing regular and ad-hoc validation analyses and tests and writing validation reports
- Create and maintain validation documentation ensuring model validation concepts, documents and activities are in compliance with Model Validation Framework and policies, standards and guidelines
- Presentation of model validation results, incl. model validation findings to senior management and supervisory authorities
- Collaboration with Model Developers, IT and other stakeholders
- Graduate degree in quantitative discipline, e.g. mathematics, economics or finance
- 3 – 8 years relevant experience in financial institution, e.g. in validation or development of models
- Solid kledge credit rating models and corresponding regulatory requirements, e.g. EMIR, CRR, MaRisk, ECB and EBA guidelines
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interest in capital markets, financial products and clearing
- Advanced programming skills in one of those languages: Python or R or similar are a plus
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English