Customs Brokerage Coordinator
Updated: 12 Oct 2021
SF Express is one of the top Logistics services companies in Asia. Founded in China in 1993 and publicly listed, SF Express has expanded internationally. SF Express has its own cargo services through its subsidiary SF Airlines and currently owns over 60 cargo aircraft worldwide. SF Express has over 400,000 employees worldwide and its parent company, SF Holding Co. Ltd.’s revenue in 2020 was RMB 14.74 billion (equivalent to US$2.27 billion). SF Express is expanding across Europe and the role holder will have opportunities to work on exciting projects and develop professionally.
The role could also be based in London or Northampton in the UK or in the Netherlands or Germany. Currently most office-based positions are in hybrid working. The role holder will be responsible for day to day processing of customs entries ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations. The role holder will ensure smooth and timely customs process flow and verify documents received for import & export customs. The role holder is essential to have great communication skills, as to discuss and resolve issues with customers and Customs Officers.
The role holder must have experience in logistics and knowledge about customs related policies in the UK. It would be desirable if the role holder have experience in customs declaration or customs declarant related certificates in the United Kingdom.
Proof of your right to work in the United Kingdom is essential. We do not provide visa sponsorship and we do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies for this role.
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
- Understand all elements of the import and export customs process.
- Ensure accurate and timely data into operating systems.
- Liaise with customers regarding valuation, classification and preference issues.
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures and external government regulations or customer policies / requirements.
-Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
-Assisting ad-hoc projects and analysis as may reasonably be required.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Previous import and export customs declaration experience in the UK is essential
- Previous working experience in logistics is essential
- Knowledge of customs forms, procedure and the customs regulations in the UK
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, clients and colleagues
- Ability to handle and navigate through complex issues under pressure
- Detail oriented with the ability to spot any inaccuracies and issues quickly
- It is highly beneficial if you speak one of the following languages: Chinese, German, French or Dutch