FPGA Developer (f/m/d)
Updated: 27 Nov 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a FPGA Developer (DO-254) (f/m/d) to join Rolls-Royce Electrical in Munich.
Rolls-Royce Electrical (RRE) is responsible for developing world class electrical technologies and products, as well as the associated integrated power generation and propulsion turnkey systems. RRE is rapidly extending the company's capability in the electrical domain and will play an increasingly important role in all our businesses as we move forward towards our Net Zero goal.
Your role will involve working on novel engineering concepts and developing strategies for introducing new technologies and products to augment Rolls-Royce’s existing portfolio.
This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for an individual with relevant qualifications, and forms part of the exciting and rapid expansion of the company-wide electrical engineering activities. At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
- You drive the development of FPGA designs for safety critical environments through requirement analysis, conception, implementation and test
- Your focus is on the creation, implementation and optimization FPGA designs using VHDL
- Furthermore, you implement and operate test environments for RTL and timing simulation
- You establish hardware plans to achieve DO-254 objectives
- You participate in concept design and architecture creation
- You prepare documentation to support the verification and certification process
- Moreover, you drive evaluation and selection of tools for FPGA design and verification
- You work according to an aerospace industry quality management system
- You successfully completed your academic degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a comparable discipline.
- You have a strong background in FPGA design according to DO-254 standard
- You are familiar with safety-oriented development processes like ARP4754A and ARP4761
- Moreover, you worked in verification and test of FPGA designs
- You are experienced in communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, AXI, PCI and ARINC
- You have been using MATLAB/Simulink for system simulation before
- Moreover, you are experienced in requirement management tools (e.g. Polarion, Doors)
- You are a goal-oriented, structured, independent and enduring worker who is used to demonstrate attitude, high initiative, creativity and dependability
- Proficient English and German language skills
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company kn the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategyhere
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Application deadline: 29.11.2021
Reference number: JR6069813
15 Nov 2021; 00:11