Head of Database as a Service (D/M/W)
Updated: 24 Apr 2022
We are looking for someone passionate about heading our Database as a Service team in order to provide excellent products, service and support. The IONOS Database as a Service team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced technical manager to support our engineers and lead the team that develops and runs our database related products. This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers, provide coaching and aid in personal growth and development.
- Recruiting, managing and maintaining an excellent engineering team.
- Planning and executing complex technical projects related to database service offerings.
- Collaboration with technical leads.
- Contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of database projects.
- Managing software project schedules.
- Maintain and improve team performance and quality of life.
- Developing processes to improve product performance and quality.
- Ensure successful product and feature rollouts, as well as reliable operations.
- Create a healthy team culture and transparent communication.
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings.
- Planning and executing training for the engineering team.
- Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers.
- Experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Domain specific kledge of databases and database principles.
- Solid hands-on experience with database operations including complex HA setups.
- Experience in shipping products and coordinating releases with relevant players.
- Experience developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support and product teams.
- Experience with end-to-end quality best practices and their implementation.
- Experience with staffing, interviewing, building and retaining teams.
- Experience conveying complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats.
- Working kledge of Kubernetes Operators and Lang is a bonus but not required.
- Active corporate culture: Our interaction is characterized by flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication and short decision- making paths.
- Variety of further trainings: We offer a large range of personal and professional further trainings – via e-learning and seminars, conferences as well as mentoring. Language training for German and English is available to our employees as online or face-to- face courses.
- Attractive JobBike: Via JobBike, we offer our employees the opportunity to lease their individual dream bike easily and favorably and, additionally, we also fund this offer.
- Working from home and flexible working time: Our trust-based working times facilitate flexibility in the scheduling of working time. It is also possible for our employees to work from home.
- od transport connection: Because of the central position and good transport connections, our locations are easily accessed and provide parking space.
- Staff benefits: Our employees receive staff discounts for products of the United Internet group, as well as attractive offers and price reductions from external providers and for various leisure activities. We also offer financial benefits, e. g. for corporate pensions.
- Health measures: Besides internal sport and health courses, we offer lectures about health. Furthermore, you get staff discounts in selected gyms and health centers.
- Nutrition: Each location has got a canteen, where our employees can enjoy the dishes at a reduced price. In addition, there is fresh fruit offered as well as a number of hot and cold beverages free of charge.
- Family service: Our family service provides advice on questions regarding childcare, homecare/elder care or during difficult personal challenges. Family Service is free for all employees.
- Events: We celebrate our success in our teams: There are legendary summer and winter parties.
Our job offer Head of Database as a Service (D/M/W)
sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
35 - 40 hours per week hours per week