Search Engineer for Elasticsearch - Digital Learning (m/f/d)
Posted: 22 Mar 2022
At Kunity we work passionately every day to fulfill our mission in providing each and every student access to high-quality school education and in building the global platform for millions of students. Our digital learning platform combines social learning with verified, curated, and high-quality content on every school subject.
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in Berlin, Kunity is the fastest-growing EdTech startup in Europe. With 2M€ raised from leading investors such as Project A, Verena Pausder, Saarbrücken 21, and more than 1.6 million active users on the platform, we are aiming to expand into all relevant international markets in 2022 and 2023.
Your exciting responsibilities include:
- implementing of new search related features for our mobile app.
- performing constant improvements to our existing search ranking.
- ensuring performant scaling despite a constantly growing user base.
- administrating our Elasticsearch infrastructure in cooperation with the operations team.
- optimizing our multi-language search for upcoming expansions to new markets.
- You have several years of practical experience in ElasticSearch and / or Apache Solr (configuration, application and further development)
- You have a good understanding of how search result rankings work and how to influence them
- You have experience in the area of NLP (Natural Language Processing) such as stemming, lemmatization, etc.
- You have experience with operating large scale Elasticsearch clusters
- Your English is on a C1 level
What we offer:
- A motivated, 100% open and transparent team culture
- Remote or in our brand new office in Berlin
- Quarterly Personal Development Budget
- Fully guided onboarding week
- Team events & weekly Meetups
- 27 holidays + 1 additional holiday for every year that you are staying at Kunity
- workshops from Germany's best experts in different areas + other learning initiatives
- The opportunity to play an absolute integral part in the expansion of Germany's fastest growing EdTech Startup
- Direct impact with your decisions on millions of students from around the globe
Our job offer Search Engineer for Elasticsearch - Digital Learning (m/f/d)
sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your
application via Campusjäger by Workwise.With our partner Campusjäger, you can apply for
this job in just a few minutes without a cover letter and track the status of your
40 hours per week hours per week
We are the first, interactive platform for students in Europe. Students can view and download all really relevant school content such as summaries, learning slips, presentations, flashcards, solutions, elaborations etc. in all topics, subjects and grade levels, or ask questions directly to the people (often also students) uploading the content.
We want to set up the first, digital contact point for students for all their needs with many other features in the pipeline. After only 10 months as the fastest growing and most popular school app on the market in Germany more than 1 million students are already using and loving our app.
Together with well known investors (Project A, Mario Götze, Verena Pausder & many more) we are advancing the vision of finally building a digital platform for students to give every student digital access to education.
Founded by 5 students in 2019 out of our own problems we’ re now looking to advance this vision together with you.